Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The SC debate

I've had a few thoughts after the debates:

1) Obama looked unsteady, the guy stutters a lot and seems unprepared sometimes. A majority of the time when he was getting attacked by Hilary he seemed uncomfortable. This tells me though that he is definitely NOT the status quo and Hilary is. It bothers me that he took the bait and started swinging back but he's definitely not comfortable with this form of politics. If that is a good thing or not still remains to be seen.

2) Hilary seems nasty. I feel that they were selling a nicer image for her A LOT since Iowa. I mean i keep hearing that when you're alone with her she's the fun person to be around but after watching last night I don't know if I'd want to go have a beer with her. The image just doesn't fit because her campaign is so hard nose politics while she's trying to sell this everybody's friend image. I am inclined to believe that her advisors have sold her on a campaign this style while she probably IS a cool fun person to hang out with.

3) Edwards should definitely be offended no one took shots at him. Hilary and Obama took shots at each other because they view each other as threats. Edwards... They mostly just ignored him although he did take some shots at Obama. I feel like he has a tendency to jump on another candidate if someone else is firing away.

4) In three months no one is going to remember what was said when Hilary and Obama were going at it. All that will remain is the fact that they got in a big mudslinging contest and were both trying to use catch phrases to make the other look bad. I think this will make Obama look worse because he's suppose to be above politics like this. Hilary on the other hand probably doesn't get her image ruined if they continue on like this.

5) I feel like it was moderated horribly... seriously... keep those guys under control.

No comments: